The Purdue Chapter
The Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) at Krannert was created to bring together students and staff with a career interest in Human Resource Management. It is a student chapter of the nationally recognized professional organization SHRM. The club is intended to expose students to the various facets of HR and to provide a forum in which students can discuss current issues and apply elements of their Krannert education to practical situations. The focus of this organization is on professional development, but we always strive to remain active in our community and on campus, and to have fun in the process! Please visit www.shrm.org to find out more about the nationally recognized organization.
SHRM-Purdue Chapter will prepare leaders by supporting professional growth and developing partnerships to create an inclusive environment.
- Held second annual HR Conference and Case Competition with teams participating from University of Minnesota, University of Illinois, University of West Virginia, Texas A&M and Universidad Panamericana Campus Guadalajara
- Qualified for and participated in the National MBA Human Capital Case Competition at Vanderbilt University
- Visited Rolls Royce through the Indianapolis City Trek
- Hosted professional development events: Resume Review, Mock Interview Blitz, Internship Success Panel, Case Competition Workshop
- Obtained highest number of members from Krannert’s MSHRM, MBA and Undergraduate programs to date
- Provide members with a rich and valuable experience aimed a professional development through speakers, panels, seminars, and networking opportunities.
- Increase member engagement through chapter events, newsletters, and club collaboration.
- Provide access to contemporary HR topics through weekly updates and professional development events.
- Increase chapter connections with companies and HR Professional Organizations while promoting Purdue’s brand via the Purdue Human Resources Executive Case Competition and Conference.
Winner of the 2014-2015 Superior Merit Award.
For more information email:
President: Elizabeth Landis (email@example.com)