The time to elect your First Year Representatives is coming up soon. We are looking for two first year reps from among our SHRM members (MSHRM or MBA w/ HR). First year reps will be engaged in the planning and execution of events and initiatives, as well as actively participate in SHRM activities and attend weekly SHRM Board Meetings. They will represent their first year colleagues to SHRM. Their term will begin immediately after the election and last through the beginning of Mod 3.
Tasks, Duties, and Responsibilities
- Integrating 1st year and 2nd year members through engagement and communication
- Actively participate in the learning process through shadowing current officers
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Communication Skills – Both Written and Oral
- Initiative, Drive, and Enthusiasm
Those interested, please send your Letter of Intent (LOI) by Tuesday, 17th Sept, 11:59 PM EST to Alex Colsten (email@example.com). Some guidelines for the LOI are:
- Maximum of 500 words
- Must include your name, program, why you want to be a SHRM 1st year rep, and why you are qualified to be a SHRM 1st year rep (past experience, KSAOs, etc)
The LOIs for all candidates will be distributed to club members on Sunday, 22nd, Sept. On Wednesday, 25th Sept evening, we will have the brief speeches for all candidates. A meeting invite with details of the speeches to come out soon! Voting will begin after the speeches and the results will be declared on Friday, 27th Sept.