Plan your 2012 winter vacation earlier with better opportunities to relax, learn new stuff and make more friends. Here are some of the activities suggested by our club during the winter break ( Dec 14 – Jan 7). Print it out to compare and make a decision. Contact Joe Whitchurch email@example.com, or Yingyan (firstname.lastname@example.org), if you have further questions.
- Urbana National Conference and Seminar: http://urbana.org/urbana-12 if you are going to Urbana as a graduate student you may SERIOUSLY want to check out the track for business students called “Business Changing the World” or the track for international students. Apply early for the scholarship (Some CIB members already registered)!
- Cedar Campus: International Winter House Party. Some may be interested in letting your international student friends know about a Christian hospitatiliy, non preachy, very flexible house party in the upper peninsula Michigan with an IVCF conference center near the famous Mackinac Bridge, and Canada, on beautiful Lake Huron. Here’s a link in case some may want to see more of the USA during their break.
· Workshops, presentations, and discussions on the Christian religion, American culture and traditions
· An International New Year Celebration
· Winter Sauna
· Cross-country skiing, ice skating and hiking, as weather permits
· Snacks, games and crafts
· Conversations with students from around the world
· Visiting local tourist sites
For more information, http://www.intervarsity.org/cedar/info.php?id=3714
3. Living Nativity: http://www.faithlafayette.org/church/news_events/living_nativity/ Real actors and actresses act out the traditional Christmas story. It is something you cannot miss out for Christmas here in town! NO CHARGE! Free!
4. A lot of activities during the Christmas season in churches in town, like concerts, special worships and others. Let us know if you need transportation.
*Other great opportunities are coming up! You can follow up our news on Facebook or add to our mail list.