Net Impact’s November Mission

October 31, 2012

November has always been a month that has reminded me of home.  No matter where I am, I think back to my childhood.  Before digging into our great Thanksgiving feast (I wasn’t a vegan then), we volunteered to help those that were less fortunate by delivering dinners to others before we finally sat down to our meal.  It didn’t matter the color, religion, or sexual identity of the people that we served but what was important was that they were both filled of food and emotional support before returning home to our family.

Net Impact is focusing on the same principles of building communities, inclusion, and being a family while helping our community in November:

On Wednesday, November 7th @ 6:15 on the 3rd floor come show us your community building skills then join us for dinner and debrief on why communities are not currently inclusive.

On Wednesday, November 28th, our after Thanksgiving social.  Share with a new table what you are thankful for as well as a vacation story or two about your friends and family.

On Thursday, November 29th @6:15 in 2058, our religion forum.  We are all so honored to have almost every religion/non-religion at our school.  Let’s learn through our peers about each other and at the same learn that we all cut from the same cloth.

Lastly, let’s help our community in need.  Donate your canned goods all around Rawls during the month of November for the Fall Harvest Food Drive.  The donations will go the Food Finders Food Bank.

PS.  We are trying to find a volunteer event for Net Impact as a club to do this month so stay tuned!!

Discuss